Thursday, October 20, 2005

The doctor called me fat.

OK so she didn't really say "Jeff you are so fat", but she did tell me that I am ten pounds heavier than the last time she saw me, which is at least ten pounds heavier than I need to be. To be honest, it is amazing to me that I weigh 169 pounds. Because of my history with Crohn's disease, I never thought I'd see the scale hit more than 150. Back in the days before Remicade (an infusion drug that was approved for use 4 or 5 years ago) it was a miracle if I hit 135, so I take a certain amount of pride in the fact that my body is able to gain weight. But, despite my pride I guess it wouldn't kill me to slim down a bit.

I've never needed to lose weight before, so I don't really know where to begin. I suppose I'll walk more, and perhaps eat a bit less from the Taco Bell. Perhaps a little less butter on my popcorn. Perhaps a little more time moving around and less time sitting on my big ol' white scandinavian ass. My goal for right now is to lose five pounds, and see how that goes. I am going to be oh so sexy. Please no chocolates for the holidays. I'm on a diet.

No comments: