Saturday, October 29, 2005

On my turntable: The Go-Go's - Vacation

I found a pristine sealed copy of this album today for $1.98. It's always fun to crack open vintage albums that have been sealed for so long. Vacation (1982) is probably my least favorite Go-Go's album, although I recall the 1982 Vacation concert to be a pretty good show (but it pales in comparison to the Go-Go's at First Avenue in 1990). Vacation does have some fantastic songs on it: "Vacation", "He's So Strange", "Beatnik Beach", "Get Up and Go". Readers note: I have scanned my 1982 concert ticket for your enjoyment (ticket is enlarged to show texture).

Here's how I rate the Go-Go's catalog in order from favorite to least:
1. God Bless The Go-Go's (2001)
2. Beauty and the Beat (1981)
3. Talk Show (1984)
4. Vacation (1982)

www.gogos.com

No comments: