Friday, October 14, 2005

On my turntable: Prince and the New Power Generation

I just received this double LP in the mail today. This is one of my Fall lps for sure, from 1992. Although not one of my favorite Prince lps, it's got some kickass songs on it: "My Name Is Prince", "Sexy M.F.", "The Morning Papers", "Damn U", and the fantastic single, "7". When this album was released I was doing temp work, one year out of college, living with my parents, and working part time at Title Wave (music and video store) in Crystal. It wasn't the best time in my life, but for some reason I don't associate these songs with anything negative.

OK now for the freaky part. I checked the original receipt from when I first purchased the CD of this album, and it shows a date of
10/13/92. Today's date? 10/14/05. I was (unintentionally) one day away from getting the vinyl version on the exact same date, 13 years later. I love when that happens.

No comments: