Sunday, November 13, 2005

Mix Tape: Winter vol. 1

Just before I started typing this I spilled half a can of Fruit Juicy Red Hawaiian Punch onto my keyboard, so I anticipate the possibility of sticky problems...
With the first Minnesota snowstorm of the season on the horizon, I thought it was a good time to make a CD of songs that remind me of Winter. In some cases the songs were released or being played on the radio during the winter months, or it may just be that I was listening to them at a time when there was snow on the ground. Seasons can really evoke particular songs for me, and vice versa. Anyway, here's the tracklist:

"I Believe/All I Need To Know" - Duran Duran
"Just A Chance" - Badfinger
"Miss Sarajevo" - George Michael
"When Time Stood Still" - ELO
"December" - Puffy AmiYumi
"Things Are Better In The East" - Jefferson Airplane
"Teddy Boy" - Paul McCartney
"What I Meant To Say" - Bangles
"God's Mistake" - Tears For Fears
"Orange Crate Art" - Brian Wilson & Van Dyke Parks
"Body Movin' (Fat Boy Slim remix)" - Beastie Boys
"Lime Green Sweater" - The Negro Problem
"Cold" - Julian Lennon
"The Christmas Dance" - Ringo Starr
"Simply Shady" - George Harrison
"Kathleen McArthur" - Tommy James & The Shondells
"Surf City" - Ramones
"Worrying Kind" - Aluminum Group
"Remember Love" - Yoko Ono
"Do They Know It's Christmas (Trevor Horn mix)" - Band Aid

No comments: