Thursday, November 03, 2005

On my turntable: A Partridge Family Christmas Card

Yeah, sue me. I am choosing to play Christmas music a little earlier this year. Can't help myself.

A Partridge Family Christmas Card (1971) is one of my favorite holiday records. The review at cmongethappy.com
says it all, so I won't write much more about the album, except that it has the distinction of being the only Partridge record to feature lead vocals by Shirley Jones, who sings on "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" and "The Christmas Song".

This is one of just a few Partridge Family records that I didn't own as a kid. I didn't actually hear the album until it was released on CD in the 90's (I've since obtained the LP). Original pressings of the lp came with an actual Christmas card affixed to the front cover. Groovy, no?

2 comments:

John said...

Great album. Found it on vinyl a few weeks ago at my local record shop...really sets the mood for the holidays.

Iceman said...

Oh you poor deprived bastard. Well at least you've made up for lost time.