Saturday, December 17, 2005

On my turntable: Jackson 5 - ABC

ABC (1970), the 2nd album by the Jackson 5ive, features some killer songs: the gigantic hits "The Love You Save" and "ABC", the mesmerizing "I Don't Know Why I Love You", and "I'll Bet You", which the Beastie Boys would later sample on 1989's Paul's Boutique.

My first J5 record, "Goin' Back To Indiana", was a 45 that was cut out from the back of a Super Sugar Crisp cereal box. I used to watch the Jacksons in cartoon form every Saturday morning, which aired back to back with the Osmonds. I didn't actually start buying Jackson 5ive records until college, after my good friend and dormmate Karen lent me some of her albums, including
ABC. I am still a big fan of the Jacksons, and hope that a full reunion happens someday.

No comments: