Friday, December 09, 2005

On my turntable: Susanna Hoffs - When You're a Boy

The Bangles are probably one of my top 10 favorite groups. When they "took a break" from each other in 1989 I kept hoping for a reunion (which eventually happened in the late 90's). In '91 Susanna released When You're A Boy, her first solo outing. It's a nice album. It's not the Bangles, but many of the songs would have fit nicely on a Bangles record.

When Susanna was doing her promotion for the album I was fortunate enough to meet her at the corporate office of the company I worked for at the time. I was so terrified to talk with her, but she was such a normal person, and very much a music fan. Shown here is a pic of my friend Jim and myself with Ms. Hoffs (Susanna's the gorgeous one). In 2003 The Bangles released the fantastic Doll Revolution CD, and they continue to tour today.

No comments: