Monday, January 16, 2006

Count 'em: 9 pounds

During a recent physical exam, my physician (the lovely and delightful Dr. Hirschfield) told me that I'd gained 10 pounds since my last visit, and that she wanted me to lose the weight. I made a conscious effort, and after stepping on the scale yesterday discovered that I've lost nine pounds! Of course after stepping off the scale I helped myself to two large portions of my mom's vegetarian beefless stroganoff, which is packed with cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. What can I say - my mom's a great vegetarian cook.

So how did I lose the weight? I eliminated a lot of dairy from my diet, things like cheese, snicker bars, doritos. I started ordering my taco bell bean burritos without cheese. I stopped drinking sugar pop. At work I've been walking a further distance to the bathroom, which can be quite a workout. My goal now is to lose an additional 10 pounds over the next two months. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Congratulations!

Your weight loss goal for next week is......

3 pounds.

jeff anderson said...

3 pounds??? F U and your F'in show! Oh, sorry. Must be the Benadryl talking.

Jan said...

Don't forget to take your "vitamins"