Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Leo & I were with friends, children, and dogs last night. It was really nice. I do not miss the bar scene at all. We just hung out, ate lots of food, and (in my case) drank too much coffee. I was up until almost 4:00 this morning.

So The Bangles performed on Dick Clark's New Years Rockin Eve, and they looked fantastic. It was disappointing that they chose to lip-synch "Hazy Shade of Winter", partly because the bassist who played on the 1987 record is no longer in the band, but mostly because I'd much rather hear them play live! WTF? They did make up for it by playing a lovely (seemingly) live rendition of "Eternal Flame". The harmonies were flawless. (Above) The Bangles on their recent tour of Australia, with current bassist (and former Lovedoll) Abby Travis.

thebangles.com

No comments: