Thursday, November 01, 2007

11/1

Life definitely feels like a fast moving train at the moment. Dad's in the hospital again after a trip to the ER this morning. I just feel so bad for him. I want him to be comfortable and happy. Emphysema is a bitch. I'm trying to find silver linings where I can, and I do believe it is a blessing that we're all here to show dad that we love him, and to offer each other support.

We stayed with Dad in the ER until they moved him to a room. It's good to know that he's got professionals watching him. So I cancelled my morning class (I'm sure my students were pleased) and let my stats professor know why I needed to miss his class this afternoon. Leo and I came home and slept for a couple of hours.

Today's lesson? Life is change, and I can't change that. Accept the things I cannot change. Find the courage to change the things I can. Etc., etc..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.