Monday, November 26, 2007

Adventures in Modern Record Collecting

As I've mentioned numerous times in this fancy blog, these are exciting times for vinyl enthusiasts such as myself. As 2007 draws to a close, it certainly appears that more and more new music releases are being made available on vinyl. Tonight, after several months of delays, I received the new McCartney LP, Memory Almost Full, and it was totally worth the wait. The record sounds fantastic, and the artwork is mighty handsome. A couple of days ago I learned that one of my favorite groups of the past two years, The Free Design, released a new full-length LP in '06 called Cosmic Peekaboo. It was released on CD back in 2001, but someone obviously decided that there was a market for the album on vinyl. It will probably be my last new LP purchase of the year.

I'll be sure to post my fancy "best of" for the year in the coming weeks. As always, I'm curious what you guys have been listening to this past year, so start compiling those top ten lists!

1 comment:

steve said...

GRROVY!!!