Saturday, November 17, 2007

On my turntable: The Grapes of Wrath - Now and Again

It definitely feels like November today in Minneapolis. I was looking at my records trying to find an album that felt like early winter, and this was the first one that jumped out. Now and Again (1989) reminds me of early snow, gray weather, living on Polk St. in NE Minneapolis, and being a student at the U of M. It's one of my favorite albums from the late 80's, a time when there seemed to be a new band every week that was releasing a great album (probably just my memory condensing time). I saw Grapes of Wrath at 7th St. Entry when they were touring to support this album. Their follow-up album, These Days (1991), didn't seem to have the same spark, even though it was produced by the awesome John Leckie.

1 comment:

jan said...

YOU Polk her--you brought her!

Sorry, I had to do it.