Thursday, October 23, 2008

On my turntable: Duran Duran - Astronaut

Another 2004 LP that I'm filing away. Astronaut was a great return to form for Duran Duran. Notice I didn't say "comeback", since the band never really went away. They just sort of became a different band as a result of personnel changes. The reunion of DD's five original members included a very successful world tour, followed by the departure (again) of guitarist Andy Taylor. The band (as a quartet) released Red Carpet Massacre (on CD only) in 2007, and they continue to successfully tour the world.

Official Videos:
"(reach up for the ) Sunrise"
"What Happens Tomorrow"

2 comments:

Mark said...

reach up for the sunrise is one of my very favorite duran duran songs, especially that descending bass line at the end. i just sit and wait for it.

HiRize said...

fairly new to this album (CD), I like Bedroom Toys, What Happens Tomorrow, Taste The Summer, and I love Chains and Still Breathing. Good disc.