Sunday, November 30, 2008

Disappointment for the People

This is my 2nd defective copy of Automatic For the People. Word to the wise: stay away from the standard U.S. vinyl pressing of this LP, 'cause it's not good. Side one is lovely, but the 2nd half of side 2 is all wonky (for lack of a better word). I'm holding out for a reissue on this one.

Oh, and on a side note, Barnes & Noble's vinyl shipping stinks. This LP showed up at my door pretty bent up, due to not enough packing inside the cardboard mailer. Turned out to be a non-issue in this case, since it's defective & going back anyways. Still, I say Harumph.

The more you know.
..

1 comment:

Mark said...

don't you hate that?

I once bought a Phil Spector double LP collection, and both records were two different Ray Stevens albums. I even tried to play them, hoping it was just wrong labels.

it went back.