Thursday, December 25, 2008

On my turntable (xmas booty edition): Sloan - Parallel Play

I've had my eye on this LP since I first heard "I'm Not a Kid Anymore" in the spring. I finally got the album yesterday (thx Jay & Joan!), and it's got to be one of the strongest albums of 2008, in my opinion.

Parallel Play
(2008) joins the ranks of power-pop classics such as Phaseshifter by Redd Kross and Dear 23 by The Posies, albums that overflow with melody, chops, hooks, harmony, and top-notch production. This is my first Sloan vinyl, although I expect that I'll be acquiring more in the near future. Great stuff.
www.SloanMusic.com

1 comment:

Jay said...

Jeez, comparing it to Phaseshifter and Dear 23 is pretty huge.(2 albums in my Top 10 favorite albums of all time).

I might have to give the whole thing a listen and purchase one for myself.

Jay