Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another reason why I love Minneapolis

On my way home this afternoon I stopped by a few of my record stores. At the last store I quickly noticed a guy leaning up against the LPs who I thought I recognized. I said to myself "That's Husker Du's Grant Hart". Turned out I was right. At one point I was thumbing through the used LPs and as I came across a few Husker Du LP's I realized that the voice I was hearing from ten feet away was the drummer for that band. Surreal. Grant and the shop owner were listening to a copy of Grant's new yet to be released album, which Hart plans to shop to the labels at this year's SXSW.

4 comments:

jan said...

Did you immediately run up with a copy of Zen Arcade and say "Hey Grant--I'm Jeff....saayyyy, and would you look at that? Here's what I'm buying?!?"

Jeff said...

It crossed my mind to do that, but I decided to leave it alone. I actually felt kinda bad for him - he's not in the easiest biz at the moment. The new tunes were pretty good tho.

jan said...

Did you hear that Bob Mould is playing the Varsity Theater in March?

jay said...

You could have said "hey... are you that guy that The Posies wrote a song about? I love the Posies... who are you?"

(They had a sing called "Grant Hart" on Amazing Disgrace)