Thursday, January 08, 2009

Nice Booty

I've adopted a new philosophy with my local indie record shops, which is that I pay for the privilege to shop there. I set the cost of admission at around $10, which helps to keep them in business, and in return I get records to add to my collection. It's a win-win scenario, really.

Yesterday's trip to Roadrunner records (my second in less than a week) scored me the following booty:
45's:
"Nobody Wins" - Elton John
"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" - The Police
"Hungry Like The Wolf" - Duran Duran
"Music Time" - Styx
"Different Drum" - Stone Poneys
"Rip In Heaven" - 'Til Tuesday
"Don't Want to Wait Anymore" - The Tubes

12"/LP:
You're Under Arrest - Miles Davis
Thunder - Andy Taylor
"Election Day" - Arcadia
"White Boy" - Culture Club
The Two of Us - Ramsey Lewis & Nancy Wilson

4 comments:

Jay said...

"Music Time" by STYX is possibly one of the most worst songs by a good band in the history of music.

The Tubes single was a good find!

madhouse 6 said...

you had me at 'rip in heaven' - i LOVE that tune (do you have the full album?)

Mark said...

Arcadia...yay!

Jeff said...

Kyle - Everything's Different Now is one of my fave LPs (definitely in my Top 20). I was not a Till Tuesday fan until I heard that album. Amazing.

Jay - you're so right about "Music Time". Unbelievable stink.

Mark - Arcadia...yay! is right. Definitely a forgotten gem of the era.