Saturday, January 31, 2009

On my turntable: Keats

I bought this album a couple of years ago when I learned that Colin Blunstone was the singer. I thought it was a pleasant record, but a little too 80's-sounding. Yesterday I snagged a near-mint audiophile pressing for .50, and revisiting the album now I like it quite a bit. The album is SO 1984, but I suppose that's part of its greatness. What's equally great is the official video for "Turn Your Heart Around", complete with some unforgettable early 80's video effects, and a seemingly naked woman being assaulted by a wind machine:

4 comments:

Jay said...

It sounds like they were Asia wanna-be's. Love that 80's sound. We thought it was SO COOL!

This is your Piper or Citizen type find.

Mark said...

ok, so I had no idea!!

glad he's kept working. not my cup of tea, though.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I thought would appreciate this tidbit of musical trivia. The bass player and backup singer in this band, David Paton, was a member of an early version of the Bay City Rollers!

Jason Fist said...

"Let our spirit fly forever"??? Good grief!

Shameful fluff. Give me "One Year" any day of the week.