Sunday, January 18, 2009

On my turntable: Tears for Fears - Songs From the Big Chair

I had another good day at the record store yesterday. I've not been in a big hurry to buy Songs from The Big Chair (1985), but when I saw this absolutely near mint copy for 50 cents something told me it was time...

It's been 24 years since these songs dominated radio and MTV, and I think I needed just about that much distance to appreciate them again. They sound great. The whole album is a brilliantly polished burst of genius, and unlike a lot of the music from this era, it doesn't suffer from too much overt 80's-ness (if that makes sense).

Official Videos:
"Shout"
"Everybody Wants To Rule The World"
"Mothers Talk"
"Head Over Heels"
"I Believe"

1 comment:

HiRize said...

truly amazing album. Everybody Wants to Rule The World is a top 5 80's song for me. Every song is amazing and beautiful.