Tuesday, May 05, 2009

6 Days

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and
look around once in a while, you could miss it.

~ Ferris Bueller, 1986
This has become my mantra for the week. As a general rule, I try to remember to enjoy the journey, and to not focus so much on the destination, and it works for me sometimes. Other times I get so wrapped up in everything that's happening that I forget how awesome my circumstances are.

So there are six days remaining in my Spring semester, after which I turn that final paper in that says "see you in the Fall, suckas!" I'm doing something I never saw myself doing, which is studying Political Psychology at the doctoral level. I'm learning a lot very quickly, and at times it's a bit intense because of my strong feelings about inequality. It's getting better though, and I'm sincerely working on finding ways to check my emotions without extinguishing the fire that's fueling the whole process.

No comments: