Tuesday, March 16, 2010

On my turntable (b-day booty edition): Emmylou Harris - All I Intended to Be

I struck vinyl gold this year for my birthday (Thanks to Leo for the gift-certificate that purchased this album!). I purposely sought this LP thinking it could serve as nice healing music as I continue to recover from my gallbladder surgery.

This is as close to 'audiophile' as new releases come. The hardcore audiophile stuff tends to be re-issues of the proven classics, but it's becoming more common to see new music treated with the same level of care, which is nice (but also expensive ). The album's heavyweight LPs are in static-free sleeves, housed in a heavy cardboard gatefold cover, accompanied by a full CD of the album. It's a beautiful package, and the sound quality is stunning. I paid $18.99 for this copy, although I've seen it priced as high as $25.

No comments: