Saturday, March 13, 2010

On my turntable: The Beatles - Yesterday and Today (mono)

I don't know much about this release. My guess is that it is counterfeit, and that it was released some time in the late 80s or early 90s. Here's what I do know: It's a mono pressing of Yesterday...And Today (1966) on dazzling green vinyl. I purchased it used, still in its shrinkwrap, at one of my local shops for $20. The sound quality is good enough to pass as a legit release, so perhaps Capitol did release this?

1 comment:

Bill Wikstom said...

Very cool!! I only have the common Trunk cover (in Capitol Stereo no less). It's a nice little collection of songs. Not very cohesive, but a decent, if random spin every so often.

It could be a boot, I don't see it listed here:
http://rateyourmusic.com/release/
album/the_beatles/
yesterday___and_today/