Friday, June 18, 2010

St. Thomas Parish, Washington D.C.

Last week after Leo and I visited the Capitol we went for a long walk to find a couple of record stores I wanted to visit (well I walked, and Leo graciously followed). During our walk we went past a historic church that looked like it had recently burned down. Turned out that the church, St. Thomas Episcopal, was the victim of arson in August 1970, and what we saw were the preserved remains. The following day I went back to the neighborhood to buy some records, and had some time to shoot the following video on my way back:



Since shooting this footage I've learned that St. Thomas has a very rich and interesting history. It has also become one of the more welcoming and fully inclusive parishes in D.C., with a large number of LGBT families.

1 comment:

Claudia Lawrence said...

Hi, good video & nice blog, i will visit ur blog regularly, i think u should go for this link to increase visitor. BTW keep posting & happy blogging.