Friday, July 23, 2010

The Beatles at Met Stadium, Bloomington MN 8.21.1965









I was having a leisurely read of Bill Carlson's book tonight, a recount of the Beatles' 1965 visit to the Twin Cities, where they played a concert at the Metropolitan Stadium. The Beatles: A One-Night Stand in the Heartland (2007) is a great collection of photos by Carlson with recollections from folks who were fortunate enough to attend the show which, despite the low $5.50 ticket price, was NOT a sellout.

I know. I can't believe it either.

The highlight of tonight's brief read was finding the 
complete setlist for the 8/21/65 show:
Twist and Shout
She's a Woman
I Feel Fine
Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Ticket to Ride
Everybody's Trying to be my Baby
Can't Buy Me Love
Baby's In Black
I Wanna Be Your Man
A Hard Day's Night
Help!
I'm Down
The Met Stadium was razed in 1985, eventually becoming the site for the famed Mall of America, which opened in 1992.

Concert ticket image from http://www.rarebeatles.com

1 comment:

Mr Dan said...

The Beatles did not sing Twist and Shout at the concert due to John having trouble with his voice. The rest of the setlist is correct and in the correct order.