Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Top Ten Fave Duran Duran songs

So I've been a bit hooked on Duran Duran for the past two weeks, with the release of the 9-track iTunes version of their new album All You Need Is Now (the full album comes out on CD and LP in February, 2011). Tonight at Half Price Books I got the band's 2DVD "Greatest", and watching it is reminding me of how deep and wonderful this band's catalog really is.

Without too much thought or actually digging the records out, here's my Top 10 favorite Duran songs:

10. "Electric Barbarella"(1998)
"Too Much Information" (1993)
9. "Hungry Like the Wolf"(1982)
8. "The Reflex"(1983)
7. "Planet Earth" (1981)
6. "Ordinary World" (1993)
5. "I Believe/All I Need to Know" (b-side to "All She Wants Is" single, 1988)
4. "Serious"(1990)
3. "Skin Trade" (1987)
2. "All You Need Is Now" (2010)
1. "Too Much Information" (1993)

4 comments:

BeckEye said...

Wow, "Skin Trade" in the top 3! I've never liked that song. But I can get on board with "Too Much Information."

"New Moon on Monday" has always been my fave. And that video is just the bee's knees.

So excited the Double D has a new album out. Now I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for tour dates to be announced.

Tom Degan's Daily Rant said...

Nice blog you have here! I just might pass this way again. Very cool!

All the best,

Tom Degan

Jeff said...

Tom - Thanks for all the comments, and for visiting my blog! I enjoy your blog quite a bit (I added it to my blog's "fancy links" section this past week).

Thanks again & happy new year to you!

Jeff said...

BeckEye - I've always been a bit indifferent to "NMOM", although after watching the video again I've got a new appreciation for it. It's interesting how dark the videos for Union of the Snake & New Moon are in contrast with so many of the sunshiney vids from Rio.