Tuesday, February 15, 2011

22. TIE: Big Star - #1 Record (1972) & Radio City (1974)

45 years, 45 LPs, 45 days...
I tried to choose one over the other, but I gave up. I've always considered these two records to be more of a double album, since my introduction to Big Star was twofer CD containing both albums.

Big Star was the soundtrack to my first year of graduate school in Mankato, MN. I bought the CD in '94 after growing tired of hearing all these hipster kids raving about the band. Of course I fell in love with the music immediately, and became an instant fan for life.

Both of these albums are currently in print on vinyl, reasonably priced, and they sound lovely. I highly recommend.

My academic home when I first discovered Big Star
My Mankato record store. I spent a good amount of time here in 94-96.

No comments: