Wednesday, April 20, 2011

1:38 PM

Despite the really horseshit month that March was, I am recognizing how remarkably lucky I am today. 

Monday was my first day back at work since mom's passing on 3/31, and everyone has just been so generous and thoughtful. One of my classes gave me a sympathy card that they all signed, which was very sweet. Today my coworkers surprised me with, of all things, a toaster oven. I had mentioned to one of my colleagues that our oven at home has been out of commission for a while, so they figured a toaster oven would give us more food options at a time when we probably shouldn't be living on a Doritos diet. Grieving requires better nutrition, apparently (or at least hot food). 

It looks like I am unhappy in the picture above, but I'm actually sporting a look of contentment. Things are wicked busy now with the last 2.5 weeks of the semester upon us, but I feel fortunate to have a job that I love.  Since I won't be returning to this position in the fall I am trying to be conscious of enjoying my last few weeks with these outstanding people.  I've been saying this a lot lately, but thanks to everyone for everything.  You've helped me to appreciate how truly blessed I am.

No comments: