Thursday, May 19, 2011

2011 RSD booty: The Sequel

So after last month's Record Store Day I was feeling a little bummed that I missed out on two of this year's exclusive RSD items I wanted most (45's by The Cars and Duran Duran). But, as I learned from last year's Record Store Day, it ain't over till it's over, bitches!  As it turned out, RSD inventory continued to trickle into local stores throughout the following week. By Tuesday I had my hands on a copy of The Cars' "Sad Song" 45, and on Friday I found DD's "Girl Panic!".
The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger La Carotte Bleue EP, The Cars "Sad Song",
Beastie Boys "Make Some Noise", Duran Duran "Girl Panic!"
On eBay I snagged one of 500 copies of the blue vinyl La Carotte Bleue EP by The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger (I've since learned that it was also for sale on the Chimera Music website), and then TODAY  my copy of the Beastie Boys' "Make Some Noise" 7" finally arrived in the mail. The single went on sale at 5:00 am the morning of RSD through the official RSD website, and it wasn't announced until later that only 500 copies were pressed, so I got my hands on a pretty rare record with that one.

And with that my 2011 Record Store Day journey has come to a successful conclusion!  'Twas a very satisfying journey indeed.

No comments: