Sunday, July 10, 2011

On my turntable: Smithereens - "House We Used to Live In"

This Smithereens EP caught my eye at one of my stores yesterday because it includes two "previously unreleased" tracks. One of the tracks is a live recording of the title track, with origins that are a bit confusing. The sleeve says the track was recorded live in May, 1988 at The Bottom Line in New York, but the label says the song is actually "Blood and Roses", recorded live in October, 1986 at the Ritz.  Which is it? 
Back of sleeve
********
(kind reader: If you happen to know the answer please share!)
record label

Update:
I may have solved the puzzle! The CD version of this EP includes live versions of both the title track (recorded live at The Ritz in 10/86) and "Blood and Roses"(recorded at The Bottom line, 5/88).  Thus, I would bet that the vinyl Blood and Roses is the same as the CD track from 10/86.  Thank God for the internets!

No comments: