Saturday, November 12, 2011

On my turntable: John & Yoko - Double Fantasy

It happens to me frequently. I'll gravitate towards a certain LP and then discover that this was either the day or week when the album was released or purchased by me (based on a receipt tucked inside the sleeve). Before making coffee this morning I grabbed Double Fantasy (1980) for the turntable, and after settling in with my java I checked Wikipedia for the album's release date. I bought my first copy of this record 31 years ago this week (it was released on 11.17.80).

2 comments:

Captain Sketchy said...

Thank you. I am so glad I'm not the only one who tucks receipts into album sleeves/CD librettos/DVD cases/books etc etc! Trouble is, on the vast majority of them the ink has faded so I'm left with little rectangular slips of blank paper...and sometimes I even keep those!

I am a therapist's dream.

Jeff said...

Hey Cap'n - Thanks for letting me know I'm also not the only one that does this. :) I have a lot of illegible little slips of paper as well.