Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Beatles Day

ROLL UP...
That's right, I've named it. Today is officially (according to me) Beatles Day, at least in our house (and numerous homes across this great land). Today in NYC, Los Angeles, Santa Monica & Hollywood, double-decker Beatle Buses are serving as mobile "Pop-Up Shops", allowing folks on the street the opportunity to buy the newly remastered Beatles catalog on fancy deluxe 180g audiophile VINYL. How groovy is that?
The Beatles Stereo Vinyl Box Set, 11.13.2012
Although I've got plenty of writing I am hoping to do today, I am currently way too amped up to do anything but wait for the FedEx truck. It's out there on the streets, somewhere nearby, with MY Beatles Box Set on it. I feel like I may just a) piss myself, b) crap my pants, c) see my heart jump straight out my throat, or d) all of the above. I haven't opened a brand new Beatles album since Abbey Road, which is the only original Beatles LP to have remained in print in the U.S. over the past few years. Today I get to marvel at fourteen new Beatles LPs at the same time. It's a milestone day in the life of a nerdy vinyl Beatles fan.

Beatles.com/vinyl

No comments: